A beautiful, glowing skin reflects good health. You can achieve this by practicing a healthy lifestyle and skincare habits. Also, supplements for glowing skin are available on the market to ensure you get your daily dose of skin health boosters.
The following are some tips to get healthy and glowing skin:
Stick to a Good Skincare Routine Religiously
Glowing skin has a smooth texture and reflects light. This can be achieved by following a skincare routine religiously and picking products that fit your skin. Ensure your skincare products don’t contain harsh chemicals, parabens, sulfates, fragrances, and dyes. Your skincare routine should include the following:
- Skin cleansing. You need to cleanse your skin twice every day to remove dirt, dead skin cells, and makeup residue. Also, this is meant to prepare your skin for the next skincare routine steps.
- This process helps remove dead skin cells. Exfoliants come in chemical, enzymatic, or physical forms. Do this process once every week.
- After cleansing and scrubbing your skin, it will have a disturbed pH. A toner is a skincare product that balances the pH of your skin.
- Skin treatment. Skin issues such as acne, fine lines, tan, and dark patches prevent the skin from glowing. Thus, you must address these conditions using serums with active ingredients targeted at your skin issue.
- Your skin needs to be moisturized to avoid dryness or oiliness that can cause different skin problems including acne. Moisturizing the skin repairs its barriers and prevents water loss.
- Sunscreen application. Sunscreen protects the skin from the harsh UV rays of the sun. When exposed to the sun for a long time, your skin can become dull, tanned, develop wrinkles, and have dark patches. Wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen throughout the year, no matter the season.
Eat Healthy Foods
Eating fruits and vegetables will make your skin glow. These include tomatoes, walnuts, avocados, berries, broccoli, sweet potatoes, and lemon. Some fish also contains omega-3 fatty acids known to offer many benefits to the skin.
Get Enough Sleep
Adequate sleep is essential in cell turnover and exfoliation. Try to get 7-8 hours of sound sleep every night if you want glowing skin. Getting enough sleep can stimulate collagen production, making your skin look plump and younger.
Stop Smoking and Drinking Alcohol
Tobacco speeds up the natural aging process. Alcohol destroys your bloodstream’s vitamin A supply. Vitamin A is essential in collagen stimulation. Vitamin A deficiency can make your skin age faster.