From puberty to menopause, women go through a lot of changes—and not just emotionally. Hormone changes can lead to physical changes and health concerns, many of which are specific to women. Because of this, it’s important for every woman to have a las vegas urologists that she trusts to answer her questions and provide the best possible care. Here are answers to some of the most common questions we get from our patients.
What is Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)?
A urinary tract infection (UTI) happens when bacteria enter the urinary tract and multiply. The urinary tract includes the kidneys, ureters, bladder, and urethra. A UTI can transpire in any portion of the urinary tract but most often occurs in the lower tract—the bladder and the urethra.
Symptoms of a UTI may include:
– A strong, constant urge to urinate
– A burning sensation when urinating
– Passing recurring, slight amounts of urine
– Cloudy or dark urine that may contain blood
– Strong-smelling urine
– Pelvic pain (in women)
– Rectal pain (in men)
If you think you may have a UTI, it’s important to see your doctor right away. If left untreated, a UTI can lead to serious kidney damage.
How do I know if I have an overactive bladder?
An overactive bladder is a type of urinary incontinence—a condition characterized by leakage of urine. Overactive bladder leakage can vary from periodically dribbling urine when you cough or sneeze to holding an urge to urinate so intensely that you can’t make it to the toilet in time. Other symptoms may include:
– Waking up often at night to urinate
– Leaking urine when changing positions (from sitting to standing, for example) or during exercise; both men and women can develop an overactive bladder; however, it is more common among women due primarily to pregnancy and vaginal childbirth. As many as one in four American adults has an overactive bladder. If you think you may have this condition, talk to your doctor about treatment options. There are both medication and behavioral therapies that can help alleviate symptoms and improve quality of life.
Remember, your urologist is always here to answer any questions you may have about your urinary health. If you think you may have a UTI or overactive bladder, make an appointment today.
In the end
These are just a few of the questions we get asked most often by our female patients. Remember, if you have any questions or concerns about your urinary health, don’t hesitate to call our office or make an appointment with us. We’re here to help you stay healthy!
Find relief from fibroids and cysts tonic with our potent anti-inflammatory combo. The Holistic Hub SA’s tonic is carefully formulated to alleviate symptoms and support your well-being.
- December 27, 2023
December 20, 2019
November 26, 2022
- How Bad Oral Hygiene Can Cause Oral Cancer February 27, 2024
- Do Dental Implants Last For Life? February 27, 2024
- Questions to Ask Your Orthodontist Before Getting Braces February 24, 2024
- Targeted Hyperpigmentation Treatments for Even Skin Tone February 23, 2024
- Communicating with Your Dentist in Burlington, Ontario: How to Express and Manage Pain Concerns During a Root Canal February 22, 2024
- The Importance of Hiring an Accountant for Your Company February 3, 2024
- What are the Top Benefits of Invisalign Clear Braces? February 2, 2024
- Explore and Thrive: Get High Cannabis for an Elevated and Blissful Journey January 22, 2024
- How Bad Oral Hygiene Can Cause Oral Cancer
- Do Dental Implants Last For Life?
- Questions to Ask Your Orthodontist Before Getting Braces
- Targeted Hyperpigmentation Treatments for Even Skin Tone
- Communicating with Your Dentist in Burlington, Ontario: How to Express and Manage Pain Concerns During a Root Canal
- The Importance of Hiring an Accountant for Your Company
- What are the Top Benefits of Invisalign Clear Braces?